Family Planning Services Questions and Answers
AFC Urgent Care offers family planning services and works with the family PACT program to provide comprehensive family planning services to eligible Fresno and surrounding area residents. We provide family planning, access, care and treatment. Call us today to book your appointment. We are open 7 days a week. We are located at 3656 W. Shaw Ave Fresno, CA 93711.
Starting a family is one of the biggest decisions a person can make. There is a lot of planning involved in starting a family and a lot to consider. All of this information can be a bit overwhelming, but don’t let it deter you. There are specific services that revolve around family planning, and these professionals can help you make the important decisions and guide you through the process.
What is covered under Family PACT?
Most people are qualified to participate in the Family PACT program if they become pregnant or cause a pregnancy and if they are low-income residents of California. Read the points below to see if you qualify for Family PACT:
- If you can’t get Medi-Cal or have no medical insurance.
- If you have insurance, but it doesn’t cover birth control methods or family planning.
- If you have insurance, but you have not yet met your deductible.
- If you have Medi-Cal with Share of Cost but you have not yet reached your Share of Cost.
- If you have Medi-Cal but it doesn’t cover family planning or similar services.
- If you have insurance or Medi-Cal, but you need family planning services to be kept confidential.
Family PACT covers these services:
- Personal and confidential health care
- Prevention of unplanned pregnancy
- Basic reproductive health assessments
- Pap smears, other treatments for abnormal Pap smears, and referrals for colposcopies
- Prevention, treatment and screening of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- HIV testing and counseling
- Urinary tract infections (women only)
- Treatment for vaginal infections (e.g., yeast)
These birth control methods are covered by Family PACT:
- Hormonal methods (the pill, the shot, the ring, the Patch, and IUDs)
- Emergency contraception (“morning after” pill)
- Barrier methods (condoms)
- Safe sex supplies (dental dams, lube, spermicides)
Can I use Family PACT if I have insurance?
If you have insurance, you can use Family PACT if the following attributes apply to you:
- If you have not met your deductible
- If you have Share of Cost, but have not reached your Share of Cost
- If your insurance does not cover family planning
- If your family planning must be kept confidential
- If your insurance does not cover birth control methods
What does a family planning clinic do?
Family planning clinics can help with contraception, pregnancy testing, cervical screening, STI testing and treatment, PMS, menopause, HPV vaccinations, and advice for other sexual and reproductive health issues. People of any age, sexual orientation, gender or nationality can come to our clinics. Our services are confidential and non-judgemental. We offer expert advice and services to help you with your family planning, your sexual health and your reproductive health.
If you or someone you know is planning to start a family or need advice with anything to do related to starting a family, come to AFC Urgent Care today! Our clinic offers expert advice on family planning and reproductive health in a judgement-free environment. All of our services are discreet and confidential, so you can feel safe and secure in our practices. We are happy to answer any and all of your questions that you have about family planning! To talk with an expert, contact our office today. Visit us online or give us a call to schedule an appointment at our clinic. We serve patients from Fresno CA, Clovis CA, Sanger CA, Reedley CA, Selma CA, Kingsburg CA, and Kerman CA.